Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Saturday, July 9, 2016

Recent Events

Personal problems

Last week on Sunday, July 3, I went to Winco shopping for groceries.  When I returned to my car, my computer signaled to me that I had low tires.  I did not know which one for sure, and as it turned out, it was all four tires that were too low. I had noticed when I first entered the car that I thought that they were low, but did not check my status control which might have given me a clue.  At any rate, I took the car to the nearest gas station which is right next door to my apartment. I could not read the gauge and had to ask for help from a nice guy sitting next to me. He was a very nice guy who filled the tires and checked using my tire gauge to make certain that I had enough air.  I was told when I first bought it that the tire pressure is supposed to be 32 pounds.  We got it that high at least, but when I called Chapman, the service man told me 38 to 40.  The computer is giving them o.k. and all are where they are supposed to be.  I was told that the tire pressure is on the door as well. I have not looked yet but I will.

At any rate, I made an appointment to have my car serviced this Monday where they will check the tires as well.  But it sure gave me a scare which I do not like to endure.

I am suspicious as to why all were down.  Maybe it is normal but it nonetheless has made me leary and extra careful.

I asked the young guy who helped me his name, and he told me Issac. I did not give him a tip even but only my gratitude. I had no money on me except to pay for the air for the tires.  I seldom carry cash any more. Luckily, I had $5.00 and it cost me$3.00. just for air.  I will not ever forget this experience.

_______________________________________________________________________________

Nation wide

All hell broke loose this week when two black men were killed by white police officers. Both were probably unnecessary, and it does look bad for both St. Paul, Minnesota, and Baton Rouge, Louisiana.  Neither deserved to die for their minor infractions but the police appear to be either frightened or trigger happy, or sadistic and cruel and prejudiced against black people.

As a result, in a black lives parade march in Dallas, Texas, some deranged man who hates white people and especially white officers, shot 12 of whom five were killed.  The man who acted alone was killed in a standoff between himself and the police.

This is the talk of the news all week long.  It is a sorry chapter in American current events.

_______________________________________________________________________________

Politics as Usual

FBI director James Comey appeared before a congressional hearing to demand an explanation for his decision not to charge former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton for mismanaging her emails in which several classified messages were sent or received on her personal server.  He charged her with recklessness and in competence in having the server in her basement, and in mixing business with personal emails but failed to find cause to consider her arrogance and disobedience likely to be held up in a court of law.  He was then interrogated by the committee who essentially made even the FBI interrogation of the former Secretary look as if it were a rather lax and unlawful query at best.  No transcripts were made, no oaths sworn, only a question and answer session upon which he stated she had not lied.  How he could make that assertion is more than anyone can know.  She lies at every turn.  Why be different now I am curious to know.

I think that FBI director James Comey failed his own test since he was not even present for the FBI q and a that his staff conducted.  I found him wanting to say the least.   In my opinion, when she deliberately told someone to clean the heading when it would not go through, that was intent.  She should have been charged for that alone.  However, classified materials are often items that one wonders why anyone would want it classified so since I do not know the contents, I only know that she wanted to receive it, but apparently it could not be sent until the heading was changed or altered.

Now it is up to the public to decide since the Democrats seem to think it a pass for her.  It should not be received that way.  There is a clearcut difference between Democrats and Republicans when it comes to law enforcement in this nation.

________________________________________________________________________________


Personal problems again.

I am getting my carpet shampooed on Tuesday, the July 12, and so have been moving everything out of the living room and hall and nook into the bedroom.    This is a job and a half to do. I am sorting things out and trying to rid myself of some junk and excess but it is slow going.

I have also been fighting mosquitos all week long and it makes me angry that they are so tiny and float around to make it difficult to hit them with my spray can.  I am going to spray everything Monday evening to make certain that they are gone after this carpet cleaning venture.  Am worried about the door being open during that process as I do not want bugs coming in after I fumigate the place.

No comments:

Post a Comment