Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Friday, July 8, 2016

Shopping Spree Frenzy

I am  at a turning point in my life now.  I signed a lease for another year so that I will be here in Mesa for another year at the least.  For some strange reason, I have gone on a shopping spree through HSN and QVC like there is no tomorrow.

Age is the reason and cause for this. One thing is that my passport will expire in 2017 and I must use it before too long or I will be sol.  But I have not made any plans on taking any trip anywhere since I have let my fears take hold of me. I have a flight to LA in September ready but am not sure where I will go or stay when I get there.  I have not let any of my friends in the area even know that I am planning on being there.  My plans are still undefined to do even that much.

I bought two items from QVC for which I am paying for four months...crab cakes from Emeril LaGasse, and Rib loins from Corky's, both of which area  sizable sum but I rationalized buying them on the basis of a simple lunch here in Mesa. I seldom go out for lunch due to the high cost for me.

I did cancel the autoship since I think I will be needing those funds for other purposes but I like both the crab cakes and the loin chops.  the loin chops provide at least two full meals so that is a very good buy for the price. Only $60 including s & h for 3 2 lbs of chops.  Excellent but not easy to heat since I never did get it up to temp on a grill but I suppose it worked in the oven to get to the necessary 160 degrees internal temperature.  I have a tool that tells me the temp.

The crab cakes are delicious but a little too much filler to suit me since another man came on with 80% crabs for $25 less on a special one day, and I more or less wondered what the heck is going on here. Until I got the crab cakes to learn how Emeril's taste, I had no idea.  The crab cakes are delicious but again only 3 oz. for 10 at $100.  $10 a cake is pricey even if half of what he charges at his restaurant.  But they are really delicious.  I wonder what the other guys taste like. To be honest,  I had never found any that I liked at all until I ate those sold by Emeril.  His are worth the price and the time to get.

Then to top it off, I had to order so many things one will wonder at me.  I ordered a poncho from Marla Wynne, and a cashmere sweater from Diane Gilman from HSN. Both are due in today so I will have to write an update after they arrive.  Then HSN had a sale on tablets  from Kindle Amazon Fire that were 2 for $100 so I bought those, and they are due in today also.  I bought a Curtis Stone everything pan that came in yesterday along with some gripsticks that also came in yesterday and have to admit that I needed both and am pleased with both.  I may never have to use my griddle/grill again.  I love the griddle/grill for pancakes and chicken breasts.  The chicken breasts that I make on the grill are the best ever, always moist and delicious.  So I guess I will hang on to the griddle/grill just for the pancakes and chicken breasts and steaks.  It is not a durapan but has the basic nonstick predurapan that Curtis Stone uses in his cookware.

Can you imagine a turtleneck cashmere sweater at $30...or a poncho sweater for $20?  Neither could I !  I could not resist trying it.  So when it gets here, I will see if I did right or wrong to order it.

So since i lowered my checking account by a lot, I have to win either the lottery or a huge exacta or trifecta race this summer. Will not say when.  But dang soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment