Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Thursday, May 17, 2018

Royal Wedding Watch on PBS

Right now, PBS has a show called Royal Wedding Watch which is about the upcoming marriage of Prince Harry to Megan Markle, an American divorced actress.  The bad boy marrying the bad girl, or maybe the good girl, finally so that Harry can catch up with Prince William and his wife, Kate Middleton, in probably producing a family.  Why else marry?  Well, they are very much in love, and possibly, they could even not even need to have a family since the royal line is well determined with the three children that Prince William and Kate Middleton have had.  Their latests is only month old now, a son, named Prince Louis.  Both Prince Gorge and Princess Charlotte will be in the wedding of Prince Harry and Megan Markle.

Carriages are being discussed now as they take the route that the wedding couple will take.  This marriage is more a business enterprise so that small businesses can sell many momentous of the wedding.  Oddly enough, the couple do appear to be madly in love with one another, a sharp contrast to that of their father and Princess Diana many years ago.  The wedding will be carried by tv all around the world, but the hour is such that I will miss seeing it.  It is unlikely I will get up for a wedding ceremony.  Time zones being much worse than when I lived in Michigan when Diana and Charles were wed.  I did not get up for it either.

Changing the topic now...More after the wedding or if something fantastic comes up on this tv show. So far, nothing very exciting to be honest.

It  has been some time that I have written anything on my blogger.  At one time, I did unload a lot of thoughts onto it.  It is good to have a place to store one's thoughts, but as time passes and I get older, I find that I am more and more forgetful all the time.  I hate it, but that is part of growing old.  It is just too easy to let one's mind wander from one thought to another so that what one had just thought is forgotten and replaced immediately by another.

I may start a new topic just so that the topic stays on the wedding. Right now, they are discussing the family that accompanies them.  They just showed a picture of Diana and Charles kissing one another after their wedding.  How sad it is to see that now.  I was in Davison, Michigan, when Charles and Diana married one another. All the while he was seeing Camilla, to whom he is now married.  A really bad photo of the two of them was on the internet on Facebook the other day. Camilla looks dreadful.  But it is rather sad to realize how phony the royal wedding was in the 80's.

Now they are discussing the banquet.  There are rules for attending a banquet.  Henry VIII is now not he screen at Hampton Court, home of the king.  The importance of the feast is now being explained.  A place to show your power, to know who is in and who is out.  I must add something about Henry VIII now that  he is being brought up.  I had been on the internet when I read a document about his subjects, and all of a sudden I was back in his time period, feeling the fear of the peasants, and realizing his size and his power. Those peasants were terrified of him. He had been a very cruel man to too many  of them.  I did discuss it on Facebook at the time.  I know that people cannot understand my time traveling ability, but it did fascinate me so much. I could feel Henry VIII so well.  Just an incredibly powerful and fearsome king.
\
Listening to these ladies is making me wonder at how long the monarchy will last in England.  At this point, they are discussing the Victorian age, and the rules about banquets at that time.  Discussing all the cutlery and manners and rules of that time and age.  When the Queen stops eating, everyone else must stop eating too.  A banquet is still the place where you demonstrate your wealth and your power.  Just finish eating before the Queen.

All the rules of the present time are being discussed now.  The current queen eats slowly so that everyone can finish their food.  You must not touch the queen, and cannot speak until she speaks to you.  She speaks to the one on the left first and then the one on her right.

#

No comments:

Post a Comment